February 26, 2011

a different new year..........


Looking at the celander, counting on the days to fly back home for CNY holidays. It seems time is going a little bit too slow. Spent 8 hours of journey, finally, I'm home! "There's nothing like home..." I really feel the words from the bottom of my heart. Thanks and appreciate to my parents who picked me up from bus station early in the morning that cost their sleep.


Traveled down to KL for CNY cause grandparents are getting old and inconvenient for travel. Really happy seeing grandparents and other relatives. Somehow i discovered somethings are not as in my memories. Grandpa just can't really reconise who am I becaused of dementia. Sometimes ago, my sister told me grandpa can't remember my name, I just can't hold my tears on the other side of phone as she's laughing on it.Grandma is not as healthy as she used to be. They've grown so much older from my memories. I was their first grandson, and they raised me up besides my parents. I just can't describe how my feelings were in words the moment I saw them. Grandpa had some records in and out wards and ICU few years back. I was in fear as I wasn't prepared to loose him. God has answered my prayers to get him out of the wards and ICU with the tears I've dropped in God's hand.


For us, CNY is our big celebration and it's the time of gathering. Kids running playing all around the house, adults chatting laughing, joy is all around the house. But I saw grandpa sitting there pretty quiet, enjoying biscuts alone by holding the whole container like a kid. Where is my talks very loud, scolds very loud, can't sit still grandpa....??? He seldom talks now a days, compared to the old days.Guess it's because his dementia affected his memories about us. It's pretty sad seeing my beloved grandparents' changes because of ages and illness......

No comments:

Post a Comment